Physical Therapists work on the improvement of function of each individual child. Improving function in not only the child’s developmental skills, but also the exploration of and negotiation of his/her home and community environment.
Physical therapy provides the child and family with play-based exercises to enhance strength, endurance, balance, coordination, advancement in developmental skills (like sitting, crawling, and walking, etc.) and overall health and well-being.
Therapy is family based with involvement from the therapist, child, parent, and/or caretaker. Our therapists take a hands-on approach with each child and offer the highest quality in treatment using NDT, functional strengthening exercises, sensory integration programs, pilates for children and children with special needs, yoga for children and children with special needs, and many other useful techniques to obtain optimal progress in each child.
Physical Therapy is offered to all children of all ages.
These areas include but not limited to:
- Ambulation training with walkers and gait trainers
- Developmental milestone progression
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT)
- Pilates for children and children with special needs
- Sensory Integration
- Referral for orthotics or assistive devices
- Visual and Vestibular treatment
- Yoga for children and children with special needs