So what have they tried. I have heard it all:
1. We don’t feed him/her until they ask. – they never do.
2. We only let him/her run around and we follow him/her around and feed them.
3. We put him/her in a high chair and just opened his/her mouth and made them eat.
4. We distract him/her with toys or T.V.
5. We just let him/her have milk.
the majority of parents will tell me these things with guilt in their voice. More than once I have hear a parent say how they are just a bad parent because they have tried one or some of these methods. I always tell parents: there are bad parents in the world…they are the ones that don’t care…you care, you try these things for your child. For THEIR best.” And that is why they are here with me.